NOVEMBER 2022 BARCOS PAINTING OF COLORADO NEWSLETTER
Happy Thanksgiving from Barco’s Painting of Colorado! In celebration of Thanksgiving, we’ve compiled some fun facts about the holiday for you to share at Thanksgiving dinner to impress your family and friends!
- Thanksgiving was first celebrated in 1621 by the Pilgrims. They gave thanks for a successful harvest, and the tradition has continued ever since.
- The original Thanksgiving did not include turkey. Venison, duck, goose, oysters, lobster, eel, and fish were almost certainly offered, along with pumpkins and cranberries (but no pumpkin pie or cranberry sauce!).
- Americans eat 704 million pounds of turkey every Thanksgiving.
- The tradition of football on Thanksgiving began in 1876 with a game between Yale and Princeton. The first NFL games were played on Thanksgiving in 1920.
- The average number of calories consumed on Thanksgiving is 4,500.
- This year, more than 54 million Americans are expected to travel during the Thanksgiving holiday. This is a 4.8% increase over last year.
Simple Maple Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Ingredients:
- Olive oil (for pan)
- 5 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided, plus more
- 1 1/4 cups pure maple syrup, divided
- 2 cups pecan halves (about 7 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
Looking to repaint the inside of your home this winter? Contact us today for a free consultation!